Carmela Lowe Gobern
Carmela has been editing the Panama CyberNews for 22 years. She retired from the Panama Canal (U.S. Government) with 28 years federal service.
Former Panama Canal Liaison Officer and Protocol Assistant.
Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts from the University of the State of New York at Albany, January 22, 1985.
She currently serves as the Secretary for International Affairs for S.A.M.A.A.P. (Society of Friends of the West Indian Museum).
Experience in the field of journalism:
- Writer-editor for the Tropic Times newspaper, May 3-December 1, 1999
Writer’s Workshop, Association of Image Consultants International (AICI) Convention, Alexandria, Virginia, July 21-23, 1999.
- Publication: The annual Panama Calendar, December 1986 to present
Freelance writer of feature articles in local newspapers, November 1981 to present
- Society Editor of the weekly newspaper The New Panama Tribune, March-July 1988
- Etiquette column “Tips on Etiquette” (Star & Herald and The Panama American), 1981-1987
- Editor of the Rio Abajo Methodist Church weekly bulletin The Messenger,September 1983 – September 1987
- Journalism courses at the Panama Canal College, Department of Defense Schools (DODDS):Magazine Editing (Spring 1985) Journalism III (Fall 1983) Journalism II (Spring 1983)
- Editor of Images, a magazine published by Panama Canal College journalism class, January – May 1985
- Editor, The Deviled Ham, a monthly newspaper published by the Panama Canal College journalism class, August – December 1983
- Editor of the weekly Panama Canal newsletter The Calendar of Events, September 1973 – September 1979
- The Traditional Wedding Reception Will Not Be Observed, a non-traditional wedding guide, Post Printing, Appleton, Wisconsin, May 1977.
- In 2006 the PanamaCyberSpace News was awarded the coveted “Aroba de Oro” for its website.
- On Friday, March 1, 2019, the CyberNews celebrated another milestone with our CyberNews Family Members with an “Open House” at our home in Balboa
Thanks for keeping us posted on news and events in our lovely Panama! Keep up the good work!!!!
Hola Sra. Carmela, saludos muy cordiales para usted y su esposo, veo que continúa su buena labor con el calendario Panama Cyber, qué dicha saberlo, yo sigo esperando que así sea por otros 20 años más…
¡Saludos y felicidades!
Comments are closed.